PROGRAMME DETAILS (Booster Dose)
Free Sinovac (CoronaVac) COVID-19 vaccination is now available in the University Health Service while stock lasts.
Booster Dose (Additional vaccine booster in 2024)
1. UHS eligible users belonging to ^priority groups
- Recommended (at least 6 months after the last dose or COVID-19 infection)
(Persons who are aged 6 months to 17 years, an accompanying adult is required to be present physically at the venue on the day of vaccination.)
^Priority groups include:
- Persons aged 50 or above including elderly living in residential care homes
- Persons aged 18 to 49 years *with underlying comorbidities
- Persons aged 6 months or above and with #immunocompromising conditions
- Pregnant women (once during each pregnancy)
- Healthcare workers
Persons *with underlying comorbidities include:
- Chronic cardiovascular (except hypertension without complication), lung diseases
- Metabolic or kidney disease, obesity (Body Mass Index 30 or above)
- Chronic neurological conditions that can compromise respiratory functions or the handling of respiratory secretions, or increase the risk for aspiration, or those who lack the ability to take care of themselves
- Children and adolescents (aged 6 months to 18 years) on long-term aspirin therapy
#Immunocompromised persons include:
- Cancer or hematological malignancy on active immunosuppressive treatment now or in the past 12 months
- Recipients of solid organ transplant or stem cell transplant on immunosuppressive treatment
- Severe primary immunodeficiency or on chronic dialysis
- Advanced or untreated HIV disease
- On active immunosuppressive drugs, or immunosuppressive chemotherapy / radiotherapy in past 6 months
University Health Service, 2/F Meng Wah Complex
You are required to read the following information before booking for vaccination:
- Vaccination Fact Sheet for CoronaVac
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 Vaccination for Children and Adolescents
- Supplementary notes on use of CoronaVac vaccine for children aged 6 months to less than 3 years old
- A concise guide: For individuals with chronic diseases, can I have COVID-19 vaccination?
- How many doses of COVID-19 vaccine recommended for me?
- If you have recovered from COVID-19 infection, please read “Factsheet on COVID-19 Vaccination for Persons with Prior COVID-19 Infection” before making appointment. Please bring your relevant documentary proof of recovery/ hospital discharge, and follow the recommended interval as stated in the factsheet to receive vaccination after recovery for better vaccine effectiveness.
- Alternatively, you may book COVID-19 vaccination free of charge at Children Community Vaccination Centres, Selected General Outpatient Clinics of the Hospital Authority, DH Student Health Service Centres / Maternal and Child Health Centres or Private Clinic COVID-19 Vaccination Stations. For details, please refer to website: https://booking.covidvaccine.gov.hk/forms/index.jsp
Points to note on the day of vaccination:
1. Please bring the documents:
- UHS eligible users and are aged 18 years or above
- Hong Kong identity card
- HKU identity document
- Hong Kong identity card
- UHS eligible users and are aged 12 to 17 years
- UHS eligible users and are aged 3 to 11 years
- The original identity document (e.g. birth certificate)
- If the identity document of the child does not bear a photo, please remember to bring the child’s latest student’s handbook or school record bearing the child’s name, date of birth and photograph, or other identity document with photo
- Both completed Consent Form 1 AND Consent Form 2 signed by parent/guardian
- UHS eligible users and are aged below 3 years
- UHS eligible users and are #immunocompromised persons
2. To reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19, you are required to wear a surgical mask before entering the UHS premises.
Please note that you are NOT allowed to join the COVID-19 vaccination if
- you have fever/respiratory symptoms
- you have positive COVID-19 test (PCR or Rapid Antigen Test) within at least 14 days, please refer to “Factsheet on COVID-19 Vaccination for Persons with Prior COVID-19 Infection”.
Please stay in resting area for 15 minutes after vaccination.
Booking Method and Enquiry: